Building a more diverse workforce
Every day, we’re focused on a great place for people to work. We actively promote an inclusive environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to our company. Encouraging a diverse, inclusive workplace helps us better meet the needs of our diverse customers, clients and communities.
Of the more than 84% of our total workforce based in the United States, 43% come from diverse races and ethnic backgrounds. However, our efforts to create a more diverse workforce span the globe. We have 12 Employee Networks with more than 200 chapters made up of more than 70,000 of our employees worldwide. These networks provide participants with frequent opportunities to connect with those of a similar dimension of diversity – along with their allies – to develop leadership skills, build strong ties with the communities we serve and bring lasting value to our business strategies.
Awards & Recognition
Diversity and inclusion are central to our company's values, and we’re honored to be recognized by various organizations and media around the world for our employment practices. Here are some of our most recent awards:
- For the past 10 years, Bank of America has scored 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index and has been recognized as a Best Place for LGBT to Work for LGBT Equality.
- Victory Media has included Bank of America on their 2016 Military-Friendly Employer list for our commitment to attract, hire and support veterans throughout their careers.
- Black Enterprise ranked Bank of America among the 40 Best Companies for Diversity-2015.
- Bank of America was recognized on the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption’s 2015 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces List.
- LATINA Style magazine has named Bank of America among their 50 best companies for Latinas to work as part of its 2015 Latina Style 50 Report.
- Bank of America was recognized on Working Mother magazine’s 100 Best Companies list for the 27th consecutive year.
- Bridges from School to Work Foundation recognized Bank of America as Employer of the Year for our support of their program to hire young people with disabilities.
- Universum recognized Bank of America Merrill Lynch as one of their Top Employers in the World for New Grads.
- Bank of America among the top 10 companies in Diversity MBA Magazine’s 2015 ranking of 50 Out Front Companies for Diversity Leadership: Best Places for Women and Diverse Managers to Work. Bank of America has also been recognized in the Top 10 Best-in-Class Category for Representation and Workplace Inclusion.
- Bank of America named Military Times magazine’s Best for Vets: Employers 2015.
- Bank of America was honored as one of the 2015 Best Companies for Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) at the ERG Summit & Elevate Forum.
- The National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) recognized Bank of America as one of their 2015 Top Companies for Executive Women.
We’re committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. In 2009, we created the Diversity Executive Recruiting team, which identifies prospective executives and connects talent to leaders within our organization.
Our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive environment starts at the top with our CEO Brian Moynihan, who chairs our Global Diversity & Inclusion Council.