Building a more diverse workforce
Every day, we’re focused on a great place for people to work. We actively promote an inclusive environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to our company. Encouraging a diverse, inclusive workplace helps us better meet the needs of our diverse customers, clients and communities.
Of the more than 85% of our total workforce based in the United States, 44% come from diverse races and ethnic backgrounds. However, our efforts to create a more diverse workforce span the globe. With more than 60,000 employee members of over 200 chapters, our extensive Employee Network is building greater diversity in over 40 countries worldwide.
Awards & Recognition
Diversity and inclusion are central to our company's values, and we’re honored to be recognized by various organizations and media around the world for our employment practices. Here are some of our most recent awards:
- Freedom Award - Bank of America winner of the 2013 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award for support of employees who serve in the Guard and Reserve.
- LatinaStyle – Top 50 companies for Latinas.
- Human Rights Commission - Bank of America named best place to work for LGBT Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for the eighth year in a row with a 100% Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index score.
- Working Mother - Working Mother magazine recognized Bank of America as one of its 2013 Working Mother 100 Best Companies for our progressive workplace programs.
- Diversity MBA - Bank of Americarecognized on list of “Top Ten Best in Class Companies for Representation”and third on DiversityMBA magazine's "Top 50 Companies for Diverse Managers to Work;" sixth year on the list.
- Dave Thomas Adoption Award - Bank of America among companies to top the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption’s 2013 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces List.
We’re committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. In 2009, we created the Diversity Executive Recruiting team, which identifies prospective executives and connects talent to leaders within our organization.
Our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive environment starts at the top with our CEO Brian Moynihan, who chairs our Global Diversity & Inclusion Council.