Facebook Community Guidelines
Clear communication is at the root of any good relationship. That's why we're excited to share what we're doing in local communities with you. However, because banking is such a highly regulated industry, we have to follow certain rules.
Our Facebook page is public, which means that anyone can see your posts on Facebook and your posts may even show up in search-engine results (like on Google or Yahoo!). While we want to foster healthy discussion, we may occasionally remove posts that don't fit our community guidelines.
Because our Facebook page is a public page and anyone can participate, we cannot be responsible for views expressed other than our own.
We encourage everyone to:
- Stay on topic, use common courtesy and be respectful of others
- Submit your own original content, and avoid content that you know to be fraudulent
- Do not post someone else's copyrighted work unless you have permission
- Never post personal, identifying or confidential information
Please note that this page is moderated by Bank of America employees. We'll make every effort to respond in a timely manner; however, we can't guarantee that we'll reply to every comment.
Customer Service Inquiries
If you are a customer with a question about a Bank of America account, you can contact a service specialist through the Get Help section of our Bank of America app on Facebook, which you can access here.
This app enables you to communicate privately with Bank of America on Facebook. These communications are not visible to anyone else on Facebook. Please be aware that Bank of America will never ask you for confidential or private information on Facebook. If we require additional information, you will be contacted offline and it will only be in response to a question you have submitted to us. To learn more, access the Frequently Asked Questions in the Facebook app.
You may also receive assistance with banking and personal accounts through our other channels:
- Website: https://www.bankofamerica.com/contactus/contactus.go
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bofa_help
- Phone: 1.800.432.1000
- In person: http://www.bankofamerica.com/locations
Bank of America has a presence in various social media/social networking outlets and may occasionally identify and respond to customers seeking assistance with banking-related issues. In the event a customer receives such a communication from the bank regarding a service request or other need, the customer may be offered other Bank of America channels to help address those concerns as smoothly and effectively as possible.
Those are the basics. Our full policies are listed below.
Our Facebook page is moderated by Bank of America employees. All comments and posts will be reviewed to ensure that they comply with our policies. We reserve the right to delete comments or posts that we deem are abusive, inflammatory or otherwise inappropriate. Please note:
- Our Facebook page is a place for conversations between and among individuals and Bank of America, and is not a substitute channel for services or general questions. Please visit bankofamerica.com for more information about specific products and services.
- Do not post or transmit material you do not have the right to post or transmit under law (such as copyright, trade secrets or securities) or due to your personal contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- Our Facebook page may not be used for the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process, or for the exhaustion of any legal and/or administrative remedy.
- Our Facebook page is also not to be used to report phishing or criminal activity. Suspicious e-mails should be forwarded to email@example.com. If you would like to make a report, please call 1.800.933.6262 and a representative can assist you.
- Bank of America reserves the right to ban any user from our page without prior written notice or consent for violations of community policies. Any comment(s) posted which we deem to be criminal in nature, or instigates or implies violence toward oneself or another may be reported to the proper authorities.
Comment and Posting Policy
We expect conversations to follow the rules of polite discourse and we ask that participants treat each other, as well as our employees, with respect. We may delete comments or posts that we deem to be:
- Profane, obscene, inappropriate, disruptive or unrelated.
- Indecent, sexually explicit or pornographic material of any kind — including masked profanity where symbols, initials, intentional misspellings or other characters are used to suggest profane language.
- Threats; personal attacks; abusive, defamatory, derogatory, or inflammatory language; or stalking or harassment of any individual, entity or organization.
- Discriminatory or that contain hateful speech of any kind regarding age, gender, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or disability.
- False, inaccurate, libelous or otherwise misleading in any way.
- Spam, or containing or linking to any kind of virus, malware, spyware, or similar program that could cause harm to a user's computer.
For the benefit of healthy discussion, we ask that comments remain on topic. This means that comments should relate to the topic that is being discussed within that wall post. While we welcome reasonable critiques, we may delete negative comments about Bank of America and/or our competitors that aren't relevant and don't add to the overall experience.
We may delete comments that we deem to be off topic, including solicitations. In addition, we may remove identical posts by the same user or multiple users (a group of people sending identical messages or one person submitting under different aliases). In the case of identical posts, we will leave the first submission and delete the duplicates.
If you are a member of the media, please visit our Bank of America newsroom at bankofamerica.com/newsroom for more information and press contacts.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Policies
Please note the following copyright and intellectual property policies:
- Infringement on any party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, intellectual property, or other proprietary rights, or right of publicity or privacy is strictly prohibited and is your sole responsibility.
- By submitting any content to our Facebook page, you warrant and represent that you are the copyright owner of the content or that the copyright owner of the content has granted you permission to use such content consistent with the manner and purpose of your use.
- Using our Facebook page to distribute unauthorized copies of copyrighted material, including photos, artwork, text, recordings, designs, computer programs or derivative works of such programs is strictly prohibited and subject to removal.
- Please note that by posting comments, posts, tagged photos, videos, ideas, or any other content on our Facebook page, you are granting Bank of America nonexclusive, worldwide rights to republish, redistribute, or otherwise use this content in perpetuity in any way we see fit. This includes, but is not limited to, marketing and advertising materials.
Links to Third-Party Sites
We may occasionally post links to third-party sites when we think you'll find the information helpful. However, please note that this does not in any way constitute an official endorsement of the site or company. Bank of America is a large corporation with many advertising relationships. We will do our best to identify and disclose any relationships that Bank of America may have with a site or company.
Please note that any URL coming from the domain "http://go.bofa.com" leads to an official Bank of America website.
Paid Sponsors and Sponsorships
Some linked third-party sites may contain content provided by paid sponsors of Bank of America, and such sponsors may disclose that relationship on their sites. Additionally, those paid sponsors' Facebook posts should contain the term "Paid Sponsor," indicating the paid nature of the relationship.
Privacy and Security Policies