To be considered for a local grant, your organization:
- Must be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not classified as a private foundation
- Must be based and serve communities in these markets
- Should be aligned with our funding priorities of community development, education and workforce development and critical needs.
The following organizations are not eligible for funding:
- Organizations that deny service to a potential client or beneficiary on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran, or disability status
- Individuals, including those seeking scholarships or fellowship assistance
- Political, labor, fraternal organizations, or civic clubs
- Religious organizations (for example, churches and synagogues). Some secular community service programs such as soup kitchens, shelters for the homeless, and job banks are eligible, even when sponsored by religious groups.
- Individual pre-K-12 schools (public or private)
- Sports, athletic events, or athletic programs
- Travel-related events, including student trips or tours
- Development or production of books, films, videos, or television programs
- Memorial campaigns
- Contact us at Foundation@bankofamerica.com