Customer service inquiries
If you are a Bank of America customer with a specific question about your Bank of America account, you can get help by:
- Contacting us at https://www.bankofamerica.com/contactus/contactus.go
- Logging in to our online banking
- Calling us at 1.800.432.1000
- Tweeting us at our @BofA_Help handle
- Visiting one of our financial centers and speaking with a professional in person https://www.bankofamerica.com/locations
- Contacting a service specialist by clicking the Send Message button on our Facebook page, which you can access here
If you are a Merrill client with a specific question about your Merrill account, you can get help by:
- Contacting your Merrill Financial Advisor
- Emailing us at Mlolmail_mlolmail@ml.com
- Calling us at 1.800.MERRILL (637.7455)
For questions about your mid to large-sized company, corporation or institution:
If you are a Merrill Edge Self-Directed client with a specific question about an account, you can get help by:
- Calling us at 1.888.MER.EDGE (637.3343)
If you are a Bank of America Private Bank client with a specific question about your Bank of America Private Bank account, you can get help by:
- Contacting your Bank of America Private Bank Advisor
- Calling us at 1.800.878.7878
Bank of America has a presence in various social media/social networking outlets and may occasionally identify and respond to customers seeking assistance with banking-related issues. In the event a customer receives such a communication from the bank regarding a service request or other need, the customer may be offered other Bank of America channels to help address those concerns as smoothly and effectively as possible.
Those are the basics. Our full policies are listed below.
Our company LinkedIn pages are moderated by Bank of America employees. All comments will be reviewed to ensure that they comply with our policies. We reserve the right to delete comments that we deem abusive, inflammatory or otherwise inappropriate. Please note:
- Our LinkedIn page is a place for conversations between and among individuals and Bank of America and is not a substitute channel for services or general questions. Please visit bankofamerica.com, ML.com, PrivateBank.BankofAmerica.com, BofAML.com or merrilledge.com for more information about specific banking products and services.
- Do not post or transmit material you do not have the right to post or transmit under law (such as copyright, trade secrets or securities) or due to your personal contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- Our LinkedIn page may not be used for the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process, or for the exhaustion of any legal and/or administrative remedy.
- Our LinkedIn page is also not to be used to report phishing or criminal activity. Suspicious emails should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to make a report, please call 1.800.933.6262 and a representative can assist you.
- Bank of America reserves the right to ban any user from our page without prior written notice or consent for violations of community policies. Any comment(s) posted which we deem to be criminal in nature, or that instigates or implies violence toward oneself or another may be reported to the proper authorities.
Copyright and intellectual property policies
Please note the following copyright and intellectual property policies:
- Infringement on any party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, intellectual property or other proprietary rights, or right of publicity or privacy is strictly prohibited and is your sole responsibility.
- By submitting any comments to our LinkedIn page, you warrant and represent that you are the copyright owner of the content or that the copyright owner of the content has granted you permission to use such content consistent with the manner and purpose of your use.
- Using our company LinkedIn pages to distribute unauthorized copies of copyrighted material, including photos, artwork, text, recordings, designs, computer programs or derivative works of such programs is strictly prohibited and subject to removal.
- Please note that by posting comments, ideas or any other content on our LinkedIn Company Pages, you are granting Bank of America nonexclusive, worldwide rights to republish, redistribute or otherwise use this content in perpetuity in any way we see fit. This includes, but is not limited to, marketing and advertising materials.
Links to third-party sites
We may occasionally post links to third-party sites when we think you'll find the information helpful. However, please note that this does not in any way constitute an official endorsement of the individual, website or company. Bank of America is a large corporation with many advertising relationships. We will do our best to identify and disclose any relationships that Bank of America or its affiliates may have with an individual, website or company.
Paid sponsors and sponsorships
Some linked third-party sites may contain content from sponsors, or sponsorships, paid for by Bank of America and/or its affiliates. These paid sponsors may disclose this relationship on their sites. Additionally, those paid sponsors' posts may contain the term "Paid Sponsor," indicating the paid nature of the relationship.
Company pages on LinkedIn
Our LinkedIn Company Pages were created by LinkedIn. They are about Bank of America, Merrill Edge, Merrill, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Bank of America Private Bank. These pages are not endorsed by, or affiliated with, Bank of America, Merrill Edge, Merrill, Bank of America Merrill Lynch or Bank of America Private Bank.
For questions regarding LinkedIn company profiles, contact LinkedIn. Interactive Data quotes delayed 15 minutes for NASDAQ, 20 minutes for NYSE and AMEX. Market data provided by Interactive Data. Terms & Conditions. Powered and implemented by Interactive Data Managed Solutions.
Privacy and security policies
Bank of America and BofA Securities
"Bank of America” and "BofA Securities" are the marketing names used by the Global Banking and Global Markets divisions of Bank of America Corporation. Lending, other commercial banking activities, and trading in certain financial instruments are performed globally by banking affiliates of Bank of America Corporation, including Bank of America, N.A., Member FDIC. Trading in securities and financial instruments, and strategic advisory, and other investment banking activities, are performed globally by investment banking affiliates of Bank of America Corporation ("Investment Banking Affiliates"), including, in the United States, BofA Securities, Inc. and Merrill Lynch Professional Clearing Corp., both of which are registered broker-dealers and Members of SIPC, and, in other jurisdictions, by locally registered entities. BofA Securities, Inc. and Merrill Lynch Professional Clearing Corp. are registered as futures commission merchants with the CFTC and are members of the NFA.
Any opinions, views, statements, estimates or projections ("posts") posted on our company’s social media sites or pages are solely those of the individual author(s). As such, any posts by an employee or agent of Merrill Edge or any of its affiliates are solely those of such employee or agent and do not necessarily reflect the views of Merrill Edge. Such posts by a Merrill Edge employee or agent are intended to be used solely for informational purposes and are not meant to be an official statement, confirmation, offer or agreement of any kind, nor a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. Similarly, Merrill Edge does not accept time-sensitive, action-oriented messages or transaction orders, including orders to purchase or sell investments, via online posts. All market prices and market data contained in or attached to a post are indicative and subject to change without notice. Merrill Edge has no obligation to update, modify or amend any posts on the company social media pages or sites, or to otherwise notify a recipient thereof, in the event that any matter stated herein, or any opinion, projection, forecast or estimate set forth herein, changes or subsequently becomes inaccurate.
Third-party posts and/or links do not reflect the views of Merrill Edge. Merrill Edge does not adopt or endorse, and shall not be responsible for third-party posts. Merrill Edge reserves the right to intercept, monitor, review and retain all posts posted to this web site by any third-party as permitted by applicable law. All posts, whether by third-parties or by Merrill Edge employees or agents, may be subject to being archived, monitored and produced to regulators and in litigation in accordance with Merrill Edge’s policies and applicable laws, rules and regulations. Unless expressly prohibited by applicable law, posts may be archived in countries other than the country in which the party making the post is located, and may be treated in accordance with the laws and regulations of the country of each individual included in the entire communication. Merrill Edge further reserves the right to remove or modify any post, whether posted by its employee or agent, or by a third-party to the site if, in its sole discretion, the post is not consistent with its policies or business purposes.
Any posts or other content, information or any materials provided on this web page is on an "as is" basis. Merrill Edge makes no warranty, expressed or implied, as to its accuracy, completeness or timeliness, or as to the results to be obtained by recipients, and shall not in any way be liable to any recipient for any inaccuracies, errors or omissions herein. Merrill Edge does not waive any intellectual property rights in the posts.
Without limiting the foregoing, Merrill Edge shall have no liability whatsoever to a recipient of any message or content, whether in contract, in tort (including negligence), under a warranty, under statute or otherwise, in respect of any loss or damage suffered by such recipient as a result of or in connection with any actions, opinions, recommendations, forecasts, judgments or any other conclusions or any course of action determined by it or any third party, whether or not based on the content, information or materials contained to the company’s social media sites or pages.
Merrill Edge employees that make defamatory statements and/or statements that infringe or authorize any infringement of copyright or any other legal right by online communications may violate company policy. Such statements are being made outside the scope of employment and the employee making the statement may be subject to discipline, up to and including termination. The company will not accept any liability in respect to such communication, and the employee responsible will be personally liable for any damages or other liability arising from such statements.
The inclusion of a link to an external web site by Merrill Edge should not be understood to be an endorsement of that website or the site's owners (or their products/services). Merrill Edge is not responsible for either the content or output of external websites.
Investing in securities involves risks, and there is always the potential of losing money when you invest in securities.
Neither Merrill nor any of its affiliates or financial advisors provide legal, tax nor accounting advice. You should consult your legal and/or tax advisors before making any financial decisions.
Merrill, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated (also referred to as “MLPF&S” or “Merrill”) makes available certain investment products sponsored, managed, distributed or provided by companies that are affiliates of Bank of America Corporation (“BofA Corp.”). MLPF&S is a registered broker-dealer, Member SIPC and a wholly owned subsidiary of BofA Corp.
Merrill Life Agency Inc. (“MLLA”) is a licensed insurance agency and a wholly owned subsidiary of BofA Corp.
Banking products are provided by Bank of America, N.A., and affiliated banks, Members FDIC and wholly owned subsidiaries of BofA Corp.
Investment products offered through MLPF&S and insurance and annuity products offered through Merrill Life Agency Inc.:
- Are Not FDIC Insured
- Are Not Bank Guaranteed
- May Lose Value
- Are Not Deposits
- Are Not Insured by Any Federal Government Agency
- Are Not a Condition to Any Banking Service or Activity
Bank of America Private Bank is a division of Bank of America, N.A., Member FDIC and a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of America Corporation (“BofA Corp.”).