To be considered for a local grant, your organization:
- Must be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not classified as a private foundation
- Must be based and serve communities in these markets
- Should be aligned with our funding priorities of community development, education and workforce development and critical needs.
The following organizations are not eligible for funding:
- We do not provide funding to any organization that discriminates based on race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran, or disability status, or espouses hate.
- Individuals, including those seeking scholarships or fellowship assistance
- Political, labor, fraternal organizations, or civic clubs
- We do not provide general funding to any organization whose purpose is to promote or to discourage the observance or proselytization of religious beliefs. However, we will support such organization’s funding of homeless shelters, soup kitchens or other social service needs. The organization may be asked to provide proof of the community project receiving funding.
- Individual pre-K-12 schools (public or private)
- Sports, athletic events, or athletic programs
- Travel-related events, including student trips or tours
- Development or production of books, films, videos, or television programs
- Memorial campaigns
- Contact us at Foundation@bankofamerica.com