We are always looking for ways to share information with our social media communities. You will now be able to view and engage with Bank of America images and videos on Instagram.
Customer service inquiries
For customers coming to our Instagram channel looking for assistance, we are not able to assist you in this platform. Should you need assistance or have questions with your accounts, in social media, please tweet @BofA_Help on Twitter or on Facebook, go to the Get Help section of the Bank of America Facebook page, which you can access here.
You may also receive assistance with banking and personal accounts through our other channels:
- Website: https://www.bankofamerica.com/contactus/contactus.go
- Phone: 1.800.432.1000
- In person: http://www.bankofamerica.com/locations
Bank of America has a presence in various social media/social networking outlets and may occasionally identify and respond to customers seeking assistance with banking-related issues. In the event a customer receives such a communication from the bank regarding a service request or other need, the customer may be offered other Bank of America channels to help address those concerns as smoothly and effectively as possible.
Those are the basics. Our full policies are listed below.
Our Instagram handle is open to the public, which means you'll be able to see our posts, should you choose to search for our content. While you are able to comment on our Instagram posts, we expect conversations to follow the rules of polite discourse and we ask that participants treat each other, as well as our employees, with respect. We may delete comments or posts that we deem to be:
- Profane, obscene, inappropriate, disruptive or unrelated.
- Indecent, sexually explicit or pornographic material of any kind — including masked profanity where symbols, initials, intentional misspellings or other characters are used to suggest profane language.
- Threats; personal attacks; abusive, defamatory, derogatory, or inflammatory language; or stalking or harassment of any individual, entity or organization.
- Discriminatory or that contain hateful speech of any kind regarding age, gender, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or disability.
- False, inaccurate, libelous or otherwise misleading in any way.
- Spam, or containing or linking to any kind of virus, malware, spyware, or similar program that could cause harm to a user's computer.
Commenting and posting policy
For the benefit of healthy discussion, we ask that comments remain on topic. This means that comments should relate to the topic of the Instagram photo or video. While we welcome reasonable critiques, we may delete negative comments about Bank of America, our competitors, partner organizations, vendors, etc. that aren't relevant and don't add to the overall experience.
We may delete comments that we deem to be off topic, including solicitations. In addition, we may remove identical posts by the same user or multiple users (a group of people sending identical messages or one person submitting under different aliases). In the case of identical posts, we will leave the first submission and delete the duplicates.
Our Instagram page will be moderated by Bank of America employees and other third party partners. Comments will be reviewed to ensure that they comply with our policies. We reserve the right to delete comments that we deem are abusive, inflammatory or otherwise inappropriate. Please note:
- Our Instagram page is a place for distributing Bank of America image and video content. Conversations between and among individuals and Bank of America are not considered a substitute channel for services or general questions. Please visit bankofamerica.com for more information about specific products and services. Users are also encouraged to let us know if they like an Instagram post by adding a heart.
- Do not post material you do not have the right to post under law (such as copyright, trade secrets or securities) or due to your personal contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- Our Instagram page may not be used for the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process, or for the exhaustion of any legal and/or administrative remedy.
- Our Instagram page is also not to be used to report phishing or criminal activity. Suspicious e-mails should be forwarded to email@example.com. If you would like to make a report, please call 1.800.933.6262 and a representative can assist you.
- Bank of America reserves the right to follow, or not follow, any user from our Instagram page without prior written notice or consent for violations of community policies. We will be accepting followers on a limited basis.
- Any comment(s) which we deem to be criminal in nature, instigates or implies violence toward oneself or another may be reported to the proper authorities.
Copyright and intellectual property policies
Please note the following copyright and intellectual property policies:
- Infringement on any party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, intellectual property, or other proprietary rights, or right of publicity or privacy is strictly prohibited and is your sole responsibility.
- By submitting any content to our Instagram page, you warrant and represent that you are the copyright owner of the content or that the copyright owner of the content has granted you permission to use such content consistent with the manner and purpose of your use.
- Using our Instagram page to distribute unauthorized copies of copyrighted material, including photos, artwork, text, recordings, designs, computer programs or derivative works of such programs is strictly prohibited and subject to removal.
- Please note that by posting comments, posts, tagged photos, videos, ideas, or any other content on our Instagram page, you are granting Bank of America nonexclusive, worldwide rights to republish, redistribute, or otherwise use this content in perpetuity in any way we see fit. This includes, but is not limited to, marketing and advertising materials.
Links to third-party sites
We may occasionally post URLs to third-party sites when we think you'll find the information helpful. However, please note that this does not in any way constitute an official endorsement of the site or company. Bank of America is a large corporation with many advertising relationships. We will do our best to identify and disclose any relationships that Bank of America may have with a site or company.
Please note that any URL coming from the domain “http://go.bofa.com” leads to an official Bank of America website.
Privacy and security policies