Our environmental efforts have been recognized by various external organizations and media around the world. We are honored to receive these awards. Here are some of the most recent:
- Fortune Change the World: Ranked No. 16 out of 50 companies recognized on Fortune’s second annual Change the World list. The list, compiled by Fortune in partnership with the Shared Value Initiative, honors companies that are driving social change as part of their core business strategies ― creating shared value for society and their own businesses.
- Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI): DJSI again recognized our company for our ESG efforts, marking the second year in row to be named to the World Index and the fourth consecutive year we were named to the North America Index.
- Green Bond Pioneer Awards: Received recognition from the Green Bond Pioneer awards in the “Commercial Bank Pioneer” category for the first commercial bank green bond. The awards recognize pioneers that demonstrate the potential of green bonds.
- Environmental Finance Green Bond Awards: Recognized as the biggest green underwriter in 2015. The Green Bond Awards recognize best practices by corporations in the green bond market.
- PR News CSR Awards: Selected as finalist for the PR News Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) awards in two categories for Recycle Now, an initiative of the My Environment® employee program. The awards honor companies who are making an impact in their communities through their CSR initiatives.
- ASDA Environmental Leadership Award: Shortlisted for the ASDA Environmental Leadership Award as part of the BITC Responsible Business Awards. The awards recognize companies for integrating social and environmental considerations into their business strategies.
- CDP: In the 2016 CDP Global Climate Change Report, received a performance score of “A-“ for our leadership in greenhouse gas emissions management and reporting. Also received a score of “A-“ for our CDP Water survey response, recognizing our company’s excellence in water usage management and reporting. We are the highest scoring US-based financial services company in the 2016 CDP Global Water Report.
- Financial News - Investment Banking Award and Editor's Choice award: Recognized in the category of “Momentum in Investment Banking,” at the Investment Banking awards as well as the Editor’s Choice award for Suzanne Buchta, Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s Managing Director of Green Bonds and her instrumental role in the support of the green bond market.
- CDP Global Climate Change Report: Received a disclosure score of “100” for our reporting transparency and a performance score of “A” for our leadership in the field. This is the sixth consecutive year CDP named Bank of America to the Climate Disclosure Leadership Index and the Climate A List.
- The Banker magazine – Most Innovative Investment Bank for Climate Change and Sustainability: Received the award for most Innovative Investment Bank for Climate Change and Sustainability, marking the fifth year in a row we have received this award.
- Euromoney Awards for Excellence: Recognized for several awards including Best Global Bank for Corporate Social Responsibility.
- U.S. EPA Climate Leadership Award: Received the Organizational Leadership award recognizing our company’s overall commitment to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and our leadership in business strategies to reduce GHG emissions.